Highlights (SML transcription in semi-SML.SML syntax):
- Maka-Maka encompasses Google’s grand plan to build a social layer across all of its applications.
- Google to "out open" Facebook with new APIs for developers to build apps for Orkut, iGoogle and eventually other applications as well.
- Google new APIs for social network expected announcement = November 8 or 9th
- Number of partners that have created apps on top of the APIs = 50
- Of the 24.6 million monthly visitors to Orkut, only 500,000 of those are in the U.S.
- Google should bring everything (Contacts in Gmail + Feeds in Google Reader + IM buddy list in Gtalk + Events in Google Calendar + Widgets in iGoogle) into a social application without your realization that you just joined another network.